HCS Fall Finals Competition (NA)
Posted on Dec 6th 2016 - By: Freud
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be having a special Fantasy HCS competition for the NA Fall Finals competition, with a 12-month Xbox Live code as our grand prize! Read below to learn the rules and format:
- You will select members from the top four teams that are competing: Team EnVyUs, Optic Gaming, Team Liquid, and Str8 Rippin
- You will be allowed to select two players from each team (note: this is different from the regular season, when you were only allowed to pick one player from each team)
- Rosters will lock Sunday morning before the first matches begin, and they will remain locked throughout the rest of the tournament. This means you will keep the same roster throughout the tourney.
- Only KDA (Kill/Death/Assist) stats will be computed for scoring. Objective stats will not be used. This is due to less stats being made available at LAN competitions.
- We've just received confirmation from ESL that all normal stats will be provided for the finals matches! This means that normal fantasy scoring will be in effect for the competition. Read up on how fantasy scoring works.
- Player scores will accumulate each series they play. Their scores will be calculated using the same system from the regular season for each series, and each series overall score will be added. This means that teams who advance farther will play more series, and their players will likely earn more points.
- As a result of the double-elimination bracket, the team that will actually play the most series is the team that qualifies for the Grand Finals through the Losers’ Bracket. To reward the team and players who qualify through the Winner’s Bracket, bonus points (via a 1.25x multiplier) will be applied for those players during the Grand Finals (including a bracket reset if it occurs). Example: Optic Gaming makes it to the Grand Finals by winning through the “Winner’s Bracket.” They face Team EnVyUs, who qualified through the Loser’s Bracket, in the Grand Finals. For the Grand Finals series, all Optic players will earn 1.25x the normal amount of fantasy points.
- The user with the highest fantasy score at the end of finals will win a 12-month Xbox Live subscription code! In the event of ties, a random draw will be used to determine the winner.
Sounds pretty awesome, right? Here’s how you join:
- Create a Fantasy HCS account (if you haven’t already done). Register here free.
- Create a new league to compete in or join an existing one here.
- Create your team and name it.
- That’s it! You can compete with others in your league, and your team will automatically compete against all other registered teams on the website in a site-wide competition.